A Comprehensive Guide To Delta 8: 6 Health Benefits It Might Possibly Have
There's a good chance that you're familiar with the therapeutic benefits of Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), but did you know that Delta 8 also has unique benefits? It might be even more beneficial for your health as it is non-psychoactive, meaning it doesn't produce the "high" associated with THC. This article will discuss six positive side effects of this compound you might not have known about.
What Is Delta 8?
Delta 8 is a chemical compound that belongs to the class of cannabinoids. The latter interacts with the body's systems responsible for regulating various functions, including mood, memory, and appetite. The compound is one of the more recently discovered cannabinoids, so the research on its effect is not abundant.
However, Delta 8 is only present in very small amounts in cannabis plants, and so it has been synthesized in laboratories in order to be used medicinally. Today, it is used to treat a variety of conditions, including anxiety, pain, nausea, and vomiting.
Delta 8 vs. Delta 9: Key Differences
Now, how exactly are 8 and 9 cannabinoid variations different? Here are a few major differences:
- Delta-8 THC is less potent than the 9 THC. Hence, it takes a higher dose of it to produce the same psychoactive effects.
- Delta-8 THC is shorter lasting than 9 THC. Its effects typically only last for a few hours, while the effects of 9 THC can last for several hours.
- Finally, the compound is less likely to cause anxiety and paranoia. That is because it binds to the CB1 receptor in the brain less strongly, and as a result, it produces milder psychoactive effects.
6 Positive Side Effects Delta 8 Might Have
Now, what kind of health effects is the use of Delta 8 associated with? At present, the compound has been studied for its beneficial potential in several aspects, which include the following:
- Relieving pain and inflammation;
- Reducing anxiety and improving mood;
- Promoting relaxation and sleep;
- Boosting the immune system;
- Helping with fighting cancer cells;
- Treating symptoms of Alzheimer's disease and other neurological conditions.
Overall, further research is needed to confirm the potential health benefits of the compound, but early evidence suggests that it may be a helpful addition to traditional treatments for a variety of conditions.
5 Popular Products Containing Delta 8
Delta 8 is legal in most states, and it can be found in a variety of products, including edibles, tinctures, and vape cartridges. Here are 5 popular products that contain this compound.
Gummies are the #1 popular way to consume cannabinoids. They are convenient and easy to take, and they offer a discrete way to get your daily dose of the compound.
Tinctures are another popular way to take the compound. They can be taken sublingually or added to food or beverages.
Vape cartridges are another optimal way of consuming cannabinoids, especially for smoking quitters. Those solutions provide a quick and easy way to get your fix, and they offer a high level of potency.
Edibles are a great way to consume the compound if you want a long-lasting effect. They can be infused into a variety of foods and snacks, making them a convenient and delicious option.
Topicals are the most optimal option for people who want the benefits of Delta 8 without having to ingest it. Topicals like creams and serums ensure localized relief from pain and inflammation.
3 Key Risks To Consider
When using any type of cannabis product, it's important to be aware of the potential risks involved. That is especially true for Delta 8 products, which are a relatively new type of cannabis product on the market. Here are three key risks to keep in mind when using it:
- Delta 8 products may be more potent than other types of cannabis products. They may have stronger effects on the body, and they may be more likely to cause side effects.
- Such products may interact with other medications or supplements that you're taking. Therefore, it's important to talk to your doctor before using them if you're taking any other type of medication or supplement.
- Delta 8 may not be legal in all jurisdictions. Before using products containing the compound, be sure to check the laws in your area to make sure that they are legal.
Tips On Choosing Safe And Beneficial Delta 8 Products
With the recent industry-changing boom in the popularity of Delta 8 products, it's important to be informed about what you're putting into your body. Here is how you choose safe and beneficial products:
Tip #1: Check the source
Make sure the company you're buying from uses US-grown hemp and third-party lab testing to ensure purity and potency.
Tip #2: Look for potency
Delta 8 products might have diverse potencies, so choose one that best meets your needs and that is safe for your organism.
Tip #3: Consider your delivery method
The compound can be taken orally, inhaled, or applied topically. Choose the delivery method that you're most comfortable with.
Tip #4: Start low and go slow
When trying a new product, it is a good idea to begin with a small amount of the compound and increase it gradually as needed. That will help you gauge your tolerance and avoid any unwelcome side effects.
Tip #5: Be mindful of potential drug interactions
Cannabidiol can interact with other medications, so if you take any prescription or over-the-counter drugs, talk to your doctor before using your product.
To sum it up, if chosen carefully, Delta 8 products can bring a lot of health benefits. However, before making the final decision on which product to go for, make sure to consult your healthcare specialist first. This way, you will be able to choose the perfect product that meets all of your needs and requirements.