Professional summary: My primary research focus is elucidating the complex mechanisms underlying T cell-based immune responses in an effort to develop more personalized immunotherapeutics. I accomplish this task through a synergistic combination of experimental and computational techniques. Using a blend of biophysics, bioinformatics, and computational biology, I model integral components of the MHC-I processing and presentation pathway and subsequent interactions between T cells and virally-infected/cancerous cells. I then experimentally validate the models utilizing biochemistry and analytical chemistry techniques.
Research Interests: cancer immunology, machine learning, mass spectrometry, molecular dynamics, protein-protein interactions (protein docking), ab-initio structure prediction and refinement.
Selected peer-reviewed publications (in reverse chronological order):
- Wilson, E.A., Herneise, G., Singharoy, A. and Anderson, K.S., 2020. Total predicted MHC-I epitope load is inversely associated with mortality from SARS-CoV-2. Cell Systems (submitted).
- Gupta, C., Cava, J.K., Sarkar, D., Wilson, E.A., Vant, J., Murray, S., Singharoy, A. and Karmaker, S.K., 2020. Mind reading of the proteins: Deep-learning to forecast molecular dynamics. bioRxiv.
- Wilson, E.A., Vant, J., Layton, J., Boyd, R., Lee, H., Turilli M., Hernandez, B., Wilkinson, S., Jha, S., Gupta, C., Sarkar D. and Singharoy, A., 2019. All You Want to Know About Large System Simulations, Methods in Molecular Biology (submitted).
- Wilson, E.A. and Anderson, K.S., 2019. Weakly immunogenic CRISPR therapies. Nature biomedical engineering, 3(10), pp.761-762.
- Wilson, E.A. and Anderson, K.S., 2018. Lost in the crowd: identifying targetable MHC class I neoepitopes for cancer immunotherapy. Expert review of proteomics, 15(12), pp.1065-1077.
- Krishna, S., Ulrich, P., Wilson, E.A., Parikh, F., Narang, P., Yang, S., Read, A.K., Kim-Schulze, S., Park, J.G., Posner, M. and Sayres, M.A.W., 2018. Human papilloma virus specific immunogenicity and dysfunction of CD8+ T cells in head and neck cancer. Cancer research, 78(21), pp.6159-6170.
Selected invited talks and presentations (in reverse chronological order):
- Wilson, E.A., Anderson, K. and Singharoy, A., 2020. Resolving the Connection between Major Histocompatibilty Complexes and Immune Outcomes using Unsupervised Clustering of Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Biophysical Society. San Diego, California
- Wilson, E.A., Wilson, M.A. and Anderson, K.S., 2019, August. MHC-TreASUre_Hunt: a computational pipeline for the identification of MHC-I peptides from mass spectrometry. 13th International Symposium on Mass Spectrometry in the Health and Life Sciences: Molecular and Cellular Proteomics. San Francisco, California
- Wilson, E.A., Thibert, S., Epple, M., Fan, J., Borges, C., and Anderson, K.S., 2019. Know thy enemy: A experimental workflow for the identification of tumor-specific MHC-I ligands. Biodesign Fusion. Phoenix, AZ
- Wilson, E.A., Krishna, S. and Anderson, K.S., 2018. A Random Forest based approach to MHC class I epitope prediction and analysis. American Association of Immunology. Austin, Texas.
- Harry Lowell Swift Advancing Health scholarship (2020)
- Graduate and Professional student travel award (2020)
- Harry Lowell Swift Advancing Health scholarship (2019)
- University Graduate Fellowship (2018)
- Arizona Board of Regents High Honor Endorsement (2012-2016)