- Image Electronics Technology Excellence Award from The Institute of Image Electronics Engineers of Japan for vein visualization technology, described in Kubo et al. "Programmable Non-Epipolar Indirect Light Transport: Capture and Applications" in IEEE TVCG 2021
- Finalist for Best Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Paper at American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Symposium 2020: Jennings et al., "A Review of the State of LGBTQIA+ Student Research in STEM and Engineering Education"
- Best Demo Award at IEEE International Conference on Computational Photography (ICCP) 2019: Ueda et al., "Slope Disparity Gating using a Synchronized Projector Camera System"
- Best Demo Award at 21st Meeting on Image Recognition and Understanding (MIRU) 2018: Kubo et al., "Real-time Imaging of Translucent Materials’ Inner Structure based-on Plane-to-Ray Light Transport Acquisition"
- Best Presentation Award for the Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ) SIG-CG in 2018: Kubo et al., "Observation and Analysis of Plane-to-Ray Light Transport"
- Best Paper Award at IEEE International Conference on Computational Photography (ICCP) 2014: Hirsch et al., "A Switchable Light Field Camera Architecture using Angle Sensitive Pixels and Dictionary-based Sparse Coding"
- Fulton Schools of Engineering Top 5% Teaching Award in 2021
- Fulton Schools of Engineering Top 5% Teaching Award in 2019
- Cornell ECE Outstanding PhD TA Award, 2015
- Fulbright Scholarship, awarded to Lein Leon, 2021 - 2023
- Fulbright-García Robles Scholarship, awarded to Victor Torres, 2020 - 2022
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship, awarded to Albert Reed, 2020-2023
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship - Honorable Mention, awarded to Albert Reed, Spring 2020
- GORE Sponsorship Award to Olivia Christie, Spring 2020 for undergraduate research accomplishments
- ASU FSE Dean's Fellowship, awarded to Greg Vetaw, 2019 - 2022
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, awarded to Madeleine Jennings, 2019
- Nara Institute of Science and Technology Summer Fellowship, awarded to Sreenithy Chandran, Summer 2019
- Masters Opportunity in Research (MORE), awarded to Sreenithy Chandran, Spring 2019
- Masters Opportunity in Research (MORE), awarded to Mazher Khan, Spring 2019
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, awarded to Greg Vetaw, 2016
- Fulton Undergraduate Research Initiative (FURI): Olivia Christie (Fall 2019, Spring 2020), Celine Cheung (Summer 2019), Ryan Widjaja (Summer/Fall 2020)
Fellowships and Other Awards
- CVPR 2019 Outstanding Reviewer, 2019
- International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) Young Researcher Travel Award, 2017
- Qualcomm Innovation Fellowship, Suren Jayasuriya, 2015-2016
- Jacobs Fellowship, Cornell ECE, Suren Jayasuriya, 2012-2013
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, Suren Jayasuriya, 2013 - 2017
- Culver Prize in Mathematics, Suren Jayasuriya, Department of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh, 2011
- University Scholar (awarded to Suren Jayasuriya for top 2% of undergraduates in Pitt's College of Arts and Sciences), University of Pittsburgh, 2011